Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 9 - Regina

After getting to bed at 3:00 am the night before I slept like the dead, and woke up at 11:00 am feeling remarkably well rested (aside from a little kinked neck). I missed the heavenly bed from Edmonton.

It was the most comfy bed I have ever slept in. In fact, it was so comfortable I even took a picture of it.

march 9 038

Oh, how I miss you!! Luckily I found a catologue in our room which can help me recreate the whole experience at home, linens and all.

march 9 034

Only $3620.00… I don’t think Vi would mind if I charged it to the room…right? (I am worth 300 thread count, no?)  For that price I am sure someone will come and make it every day just like at the hotel.

 

We had a 2-hour workshop with a high school choir from Luther College, as well the choir from University of Regina, in which we sat mixed up with the students and worked on some of the basics: listening to each other, balance, word stress, etc. They were the exact same things we work on in Chamber Choir on a daily basis. I like doing these kinds of workshops where Jon asks us to demonstrate singing something the “wrong” way and then the “right” way. My favourite demonstration was singing an Italian Renaissance piece in a country-western style -- wrong on many levels!

 

Here is Melissa Morgan (our presenter, and longtime friend of the choir).

march 10 017

She is the music teacher at Luther College and her kids had all the music we worked on memorized!! So well prepared!!

 

Christ Lutheran Church has a great acoustic and we had just a few details to work through before the concert.

march 11 002

We went back to the hotel and got ready for the show.

march 11 001

Here we go!

After the concert we were officially on “time off” with a free day the next day. Some of us went out for some nachos and wings to celebrate.

march 11 006 

march 11 007 

Then, off to bed.

We were invited to Melissa’s mother’s house for a Caribbean banquet the next day at 4:00 pm and I intended to remain in bed until the last possible second…

0 comments:

Post a Comment